Friday, September 17, 2010

To wait patiently...it's got its reward!!

Today's reading just reminded me of simply how impatient we are. This is something that strucks me all the time, it hits a deep core in my being, because it's just TRUE! No denying, not only am I impatient, I am a sinner. Everyday I fail God, one way or another, and every night, I have to go to confessing my sins. One of it is my impatience. He says, 'His mercies are new every morning", and thankfully, I receive His mercies daily. Knowing things about us, our inner self, we all have our weaknesses, our dark secrets and onlyGod knows what it is, and there is no denying. But being the Great, Good God that He is, faithful and forgiving, and very patient with us, I know I get forgiven untiringly by Him. As the next day comes when I pray again for His portion of mercy, for strength that I may avoid falling trap into temptation, and that I be patient to wait upon Him and learn to simply hear His still small voice in the quietness of my heart while tuned into His Word.
May you be blessed by today's reading, as we continue to declare our total dependence upon Him, and no one else.

September 17
God Acts On Our Behalf
Philippians 4:6-7 -Charles Stanley

We have become so accustomed to this hurried world that we've begun to demand speed in our spiritual life too. However, God "acts on behalf of those who wait for him" (Isa. 64:4 niv). Wise believers endure until the fruits of His labor appear.
In this devotion, we'll look at three reasons believers are called upon to wait.

First, God may be preparing us to receive His blessings. Perhaps we need new skills or greater maturity. Sometimes people require fresh spiritual insight before their hands are ready to hold what their hearts desire. For example, David waited years to sit on his appointed throne. But when he did, he was a wise, strong, and battle-tested king.
Second, the Father is often teaching His children to have confidence in Him. How would believers ever learn faith if God immediately fulfilled their every request? In my own life, the Lord has often said two words: "Trust Me." And He has never been late to meet my needs. No matter how we justify rushing ahead of God, doing so amounts to saying, "I don't trust You."
Finally, the Lord will at times withhold blessing to protect us from harm we can't see. We may never find out what caused the delay. But be assured that God examines the object of our desire closely before placing it in our hands.
Waiting is rarely easy, particularly in this instant-everything world. But rushing ahead of the Lord short-circuits His plan. Believers who do are left unsatisfied, and they often must live with terrible consequences. Be patient while the Lord works out details
. His best is on the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment