Tuesday, October 19, 2010

2nd Round of prayers needed after Remember the Rainbow-Sept 3??

The loan papers finally arrive! The Sept 3 posting was just the 1st of the round of fervent, persistent prayers. Now, it requires more fervent, more persistent prayers, probably with fasting!! I was actually quite astounded of the information, actual figures in our home loan. Not that I didn't know how it turned out that way, but greatly astounded by how much the banks make so much money from homeowners.
Today, I read anoher way to understand what it means to pray "in JESUS' Name", that In the name Jesus Christ, there is abundant power. However, calling upon Him in prayer is not a magic charm to get what we want. Rather, it is a signal that we are laying down our personal desires and our own way of getting things done. In so doing, we commit to follow God and bring honor to Him. (John 14:14)
It also reminded me that all that we have is not even ours, but HIS. Can't take a claim of ownership because we are just transients, stewards, hopefully, wise ones, and I have to shift my focus in putting our faith into another test. Hebrews 11:6 just got projected in my mind and heart. "And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him."
So, the 2nd round of this is not just praying and asking, but seeking (more) and believing that God is still in control, and that He will be the One to make "the" way for us, in the decision we have to make, that in all, it will bring honor and glory to Him.
I listened to the HillSong "none but Jesus" because i just love the line that reads "in the stillness, in the quiet I know that You are GOD" and it just brings me to a trance of of tranquility and peace, and followed it with Don Moen's "Thank you, Lord", to bring out my gratefulness despite whatever it is we are in right now. Then, there's calmness and assurance that God is watching over us.
The prayers of faithful family and trusted friends are what keeps me and Ray up because we know, we battle with all of them. My utmost gratitude to each one who remember us in prayers. I can't wait for the experiences we will thread in this new chapter of this life's journey, to see how Jesus can miraculously work His ways, in His perfect timing...
"thank you Lord, for what you've done, you're doing and still will do, even in the uncertainty of the days to come, the only assurance we have is that YOU remain faithful to us. Thank you!"

"Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love,
for i have put my trust in You.
Show me the way i should go,
for to You i lift up my soul."
Psalm 143:8

No comments:

Post a Comment