Tuesday, May 1, 2012

2012, You are going to fast...

Wow, it's now May 1 and looking at my notebook, I have only written 2 things which i have not even posted...a January 5 and a February 27 writing.  But I will post it though, late as it is, I will so I get to jot it down here in my blog and not forget.

This 2012 is really going so fast.  with a memory that is getting so short termed, really, like,  I think of something to write, turn around to look for a pen and paper, kaboom, it's gone! the words are simply gone!  Kind of scary actually, so I really better keep writing so sharpen this aging brain (and body) of mine huh?  A few highlights would be, geez, can't even remember where we spend the holidays.  All i remember is that, I was truly glad to have the winter break from work because I was soooooo tired.  The kind that wears one out physically and emotionally.  Work was truly hectic, and i remember, by prayer night in December 2011, exhaustion, frustration and loss of excitement was creeping in on me.  The break from work was just a good timing because if not, i would have probably had a break dowm.  But God is good, in Psalm 9:10, "And those who know Your name will put their trust in You, for You, O LORD, have not forsaken those who seek You."
I knew God was holding me firmly in His righteous right hand.  I was able to get some rest and went back to work with a different outlook towards the people whom I think are the source of my exhaustion and started praying for them and to help me find another way to earn my living, with the hope that it would still be in Stanford until I retire. 


In between January 2012 and now, I had chilblain, whew, it was an awful experience.  I had this "emergency" trip to the Philippines.  It was not a pleasure trip, but as I said, from stress to stress, but the good in it and we finally all see, me and my relatives, the truth about the wayward ways of someone close to us.  The end of it, we lift him up to the Lord, believing that in His righteousness and being the Just God that He is, will be the one to decide on what we pray for the properties of our elders.  We profess our faith in the hands of the Sovereign God, All knowing, Just and Righteous, that all things work together for the good of those whose trust is in Him.  We have done our part, we have granted forgiveness, and for those who are hard up to forgive, we lift them up in prayer, that in due time, they will grant forgiveness to others and be forgiven as well, keeping in mind the Word of God, that if we do not forgive, the Lord will also not forgive, (Matt 6:14-15), and keeping the hope of God's promise in Isaiah  61:7, " instead of shame, you will receive a double portion and instead of disgrace, you will rejoice in your inheritance. And so, you will inherit a double portion in your land and everlasting joy will be yours", simple because we chose to obey Him.  My prayer for my lost long relative is that he will still see that God is giving him every opportunity to repent, because God desires for him not to perish but have eternal life.


Almost half of the year is gone, and yes that's how fast it is going...all i know is that, in my heart, I always pray for the Lord Jesus, through the power of the Holy Spirit to teach me to number my days so that I will gain heavenly wisdom.  I still pray that God will lead me to something where I really would see His leading, for my ears to be so in tuned with His small still voice, and the courage to follow Him all the days of my life.


I will post some of what i wrote, though it may be a little depressing in context, it is because it is my weak moments that I was simply crying out to God! 

No comments:

Post a Comment